September 20, 2007

Top Secret...

Ok, those of you who follow my blog know that I have a secret blog pal. Kind of like a pen pal only you don't reveal your name, etc. She has really spoiled me with gifts! A while back she sent me some beautiful things from Mayan Traditions and just yesterday she sent me a perfect blue Disney blanket which I am planning on saving for Nathan when he comes home. I have the best SBP!

So....she keeps leaving me hints as to her 'secret identity'. At first, the lead trail was stone cold but slowly over the past week I have been thinking more and more and I have some ideas. She gave me a clue that she lives in the mid-west and that we have bumped into one another on another adoption board before. She said I had even seen pictures of her son before? This one really got me. I don't like secrets so it's killing me. But, she seems really good at keeping them-- she's not leaking any clues! Putting the 'mystery' aside-- it is so great to have the opportunity to pal up with other people who are going through the same 'topsy turvy' process that we call International Adoption. So- a big shout out to my SBP- so glad we're able to chat -- even if it is secretly! :-) As my FTIA pal "N" said on her blog recently, this process is not for the faint of heart.

Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn't mention one last thing. Some of you my have recently listened to an NPR piece on All Things Considered on Guatemalan Adoptions. And, if you haven't -- don't bother. It's terrible and completely misleading. It is so disturbing to me that a reputable reporting source like NPR would broadcast such false information and distort that information in a way that is clearly sensationalizing. I was really disappointed in this broadcast. So much so that I've sent a letter expressing my disappointment....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot or cold?? Hee hee!! All secrets are revealed in time.:) I'm working on another clue....Did you receive the book? I sent it weeks ago. I hope!!