September 23, 2007

Missing the little guy...

This weekend I find myself a little "down" about the adoption. So far, there have been good days and bad days and I have been able to find a good balance. Tonight though, I am finding the wait a bit harder. I will never lose sight of the gold at the end of this rainbow...but sometimes I must concede that I am saddened by the distance....and the endless waiting.

So, tonight, I will have to make do with looking at some pics and thinking about all the good times to come. Sweet dreams to all...

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh, Emily... I know how much you miss him. You'll be with him soon.

Love your new Dixie Chicks song! :)

Steph said...

Emily

I know just how you feel. I think it's been a rough week for many of us blogger pals. I was also going through all of our pictures yesterday trying to find some solace. Only a couple more weeks and Nate will be in your arms again!

The gFamily said...

The "down" days are hard!! It is so worth it in the end, though! Praying for better days and a quick couple of weeks until you are with him again!

Anonymous said...

Emily, Hang in there. This journey is long but sooooo worth it. Soon Nate will be in your arms forever and the long wait will be a distant memory. Thinking of you all...

Margaret mom to Peter, and waiting for his sister said...

Hi Emily,
Your son looks absolutely adorable. Just wanted to write ya, and let you know "I know the feeling". Hang in there.

margaret
www.kanakosfamily.blogspot.com

Gretchen said...

Emily,

Tears are just running down my face as I read this post and heard your song. I understand exactly how you feel. This journey can really wear you down at times. Hang in there, we will have our boys home soon!

Anonymous said...

Only seven days to go and counting to see my grandchild for the very first time. I am so excited to see you Nate!!!!