September 19, 2007

Don't Worry- Be Happy!

Yes- this is the philosophy of life on Paradise Island. I have to admit: it was beautiful to be able to live the life of the Bahamnians for just 3 days. If only life were that easy..... then the dream was over and I returned to life in suburban Pennsylvania!

Loved spending time with my family and we all had an amazing time. The weather was absolutely perfect everyday-- 90's and sunny. My sister and I went on the lazy river ride (2 miles) about 17 times the whole trip and we would have gone another 17 if we could have. I somehow managed to convince her to go on "the Drop". You'd think the name would give it away, right?! They said it was "easy" but I thought she was going to lose it when the guy in front of us dropped straight down on his tube at about 40 miles per hour. Thankfully we made it through but she was not a happy camper- sorry M! :-)

We ate great food, got terrible 1st day sunburns, and soaked up all the sights that Paradise Island has to offer. There were a ton of people on vacation there from Guatemala and Mexico so it was a treat to see all the little ones in the family. Needless to say, we'll be going again next year and little Nate will be with us! He's gonna love it. We'll have him a water rat before the trip is over!

And-- drum roll please-- I'm proud to announce that I did not use the internet ONCE while in Paradise-- a whopping 4 days! Rich was especially proud since he's already suggested I attend computer internet addiction classes. Just kidding, of course!

Well, the adoption is on cruise control right now. Waiting for that coveted preapproval from the United States Embassy. It's frustrating that they make you wait so long. I understand the files need to be scrutinized-- but come on-- this is the United State- the free nation for all free nations....you'd think they would have enough staff to do this properly in a couple weeks. Ugghhh!

I'll be talking with Maria tomorrow night so I will get an update on how the little guy is doing. Hard to believe we'll be with him in 2 weeks.

Some pics from PARADISE....

Our condo for the week...



The girls...










My sister and I...



THE ATLANTIS...



My dad and sister...

3 comments:

Steph said...

How beautiful! Nate is gonna love it!!

Anonymous said...

A week ago today (to the hour) we were swimming in that beautiful green water...catching some rays and having fun....aawweee, now back to reality. Life passes too quickly!

redhawks said...

Oh, I can't wait to go there one day!!! Glad you had a great time!
Jen:)