February 13, 2008

A little 'under the weather'

So...the whole household has pretty much been sick. First it was the dogs with the flu virus. Ben is almost 100%; Junior spent the night in the hospital and came home in the same condition but has recently started showing he is feeling better- which makes us feel so relieved. Then, early this morning Rich came down with the flu and Nate has something...but he's not terribly sick. I think it's just a mild case of the flu. Thankfully (most in part to the flu shot!) I have not gotten sick and am able to help everyone to get better soon.

On top of all the sickness, the weather here has been terrible. It started yesterday with an inch of snow and then turned into freezing rain and eventually to rain this morning. You gotta love February!

Today we were scheduled to go see the international adoption doctor but once Nate wasn't feeling well, I had to reschedule (motherhood lesson # 1- must be flexible!). Tomorrow, we have his first pediatrician appt. which I am looking forward to. We only have a million questions for the doc!

As you can imagine, Nate and Rich spent most of the morning cuddling in bed...


6 comments:

The gFamily said...

Being sick is never fun, but I am glad that Nate has his mommy to take care of him! It is so good to see pictures of Nate at home with his family! LOVE IT!!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you all are sick and run down. I hope the puppies get well soon too, we have two poms and they are our fuzzy children!
Enjoy snuggling and relaxing.. when you can!

Anonymous said...

Yes, a momma has to be flexible;0) So sorry everyone is sick. HOpe they are feeling better soon.

Guatemama said...

Hi,
I hope you are all feeling better soon and that you don't get it too! The last picture of Nathaniel in the bed is sooooo cute!
Tracy

Steph said...

Oh no!! That stinks!! I hope everyone is feeling better soon! I agree, the weather is just awful right now!

Greta Jo said...

Oh, I hope you all feel better soon. The flu bug flew into our house too. Uh!~