February 27, 2008

Family Visit # 1

OK, OK, I finally have made the time to post about our wonderful trip home to see our family. It didn't help that we were in a location with NO internet service. We were gone for almost a week and it was so great for all of our family (except Mimi) to meet the little guy. On Thursday, he got to see Grandpa again....it had been almost 7 months! He also got to meet Juanita and Great Nanny, too. It was pure joy for me to see Nathaniel interacting with our family... I have been dreaming about that for a long time. On Friday, he got to meet my sister Molly and Alan. They couldn't let go of the little guy and just adored him. We had a big italian dinner at home while Nate enjoyed his cereal and puffs! He was content just to be sitting with the family at the table.

Over the weekend he got to meet Aunt Joanne and all of Rich's family. On Sunday we had a get together for all of Rich's family and we were thrilled that everybody (17 people!) came from all over New England to meet the little guy. His favorite time of the day: of course, what other than 'opening presents' time! He absolutely loves to open presents. I think we've concluded that it's not so much about the gift itself but more the funny noises the paper makes.

I actually drove up to my family's alone with Nathaniel because Rich had to come later due to work. I was a bit worried because it is a 6 hour drive; I was so proud of him- he rode like a champ and slept the entire trip up other than to gulp down a bottle midway. He is great in the car and we've discovered he loves to go out to dinner. He basically wants to eat everything including the prime rib and potatoes on your plate!

Here are some pics from the weekend. We're headed next week to visit Mimi for a few days and then all of the family will have met the little guy...(although now they will all be coming to visit him down here!) I could really get used to life as a stay at home mom...though challenging at times...it is oh so rewarding!










1 comment:

Guatemama said...

Emily,
I am so glad that you had such a great time with your family! It sounds like Nathaniel is doing great. Great pictures!!
Tracy