January 15, 2008

We have been OUT and ABOUT...

An afternoon at Hotel Antigua...









We are definitely learning more and more about Antigua. On Saturday afternoon, we headed to Hotel Antigua to play on the swings and have lunch. It is such a beautiful place and Nate couldn't love the swings any more. :-)

All is going well here. The weather continues to be the same- low 70's and partly sunny every day. It just dawned on me that I've been here 16 days today and it hasn't rained once. Pretty good weather for the middle of January. On sunday Nate came down with a fever- which I am almost certain is a result of his final vaccination last week. It lasted 2 days and now he just seems to have a little cold. Yesterday I awoke to a sore throat...but I'm feeling better today. Our days are quiet and relaxing. I am definetely getting the bonding time with Nate that I have always wanted. He is so easy to love.

Well, the lab in the US emailed me yesterday to inform us that our sample had arrived on Monday morning and that it was being processed. They said it would arrive at the US Embassy in Guate on Thursday. So, realistically, we are looking at getting an appointment date for our FINAL appt before Wednesday of next week. Within a week- we should know our return home date! Stay tuned for the details...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

Thanks for sharing your pictures. It is really cold in Indy this week so I'm very jealous of your warm weather. Antigua is so pretty. I would love to visit again with Grace when she's older. Nate is such a cutie.

Kara

Gail said...

Enjoy that time in Antigua because it is coming to an end. YIPPEE!!
Gail

Anonymous said...

Em, Nate is completely adorable. I love him in his hats. He is very photogenic. I hope you are able to prepare him for Idol! On a different note, no snow today. A brief respite until friday when we are earmarked for another big noreaster. Oh well, winter in NH is pretty. Thank you for my BD wish. You made my day complete. I love you today and always think of you and Nate- having fun and just being together-because thats' the best. Love, Mom Sleep tight!

Nicole said...

I look forward to your posts from Antigua every day! Can you believe you'll soon be planning your trip home? :)

Christina said...

What a great experience you will be able to share with Nate about living in Antigua while you were waiting to bring him home.
The pictures are beautiful

Anonymous said...

Hi Em and little Nate. Wondering what fun you had today in beautiful Antigua. Continue to enjoy every day you are there beacuse it is such a gift you were given. the whole experience is a miracle.I am so excited to get our little boy home, and of course- you too. It is 15 degrees now at 8pm and tomorrow night we will get about 8 inches of more snow WOW.I miss and love you today and every day. Good-nite for now Mom

Anonymous said...

I hope today was successful for you. It is too cold here anyway to come home just yet. We will be in the minuses over the next few days- after our storm tonite. Went to gap and oldnavy today where Nate made out like a bandit!!! You did too actually. Hope that your sore throat has stayed away and you are feeling well. Write back soon. I miss and love you today! mom

Anonymous said...

It looks so warm down there. I can't imagine what 70 degrees feels like.....we are about 60 degrees away from that. I have fond memories of Atlantis in my head....warm sunny days.....Anyway, back to reality. Do you think Nate will be ready for the Raging Rapids this year....or how about the DROP(I think that's what it was called)? I think he can handle it....if you are unsure just ask Dad, LOL!!!!!! Anyway....great pics to share when we are dealing with blistering cold New England weather. Love it!