January 25, 2008

The missing shoe


We've been here almost 4 weeks and as of early this past week- we had managed not to lose any shoes. My mom gave Nate some really cute shoes on her trip here and while returning home from town earlier this week- I realized we lost one.

I was talking with my mom later in the week and she suggested I retrace my steps and find it. I had to explain that it would be gone (Guatemalan's generally pick up clothing, etc. that is fair game on the side of the road).

So, fast forward to today. I had written off the cute teddy shoe and figured it was lost in Antigua forever. I really didn't give it a second thought. After having lunch today with some friends, we stopped by the farmacia for some baby wipes. I requested the wipes and got my money out to pay the cashier. Just as I looked up, the woman cashier looked at me and said, "is this your baby shoe"? I said- "yes"!!! I couldn't believe that the shoe had made its way back to us without even being looked for. I guess we were meant to have that cute little teddy shoe!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I love this story!! What are the ODDS?? :)

Margaret mom to Peter, and waiting for his sister said...

I hope your house is child proofed already, before Nate gets there. LOL

Have a great weekend,
margaret

Anonymous said...

Great story! Keep that shoe--it's good luck. :)

Guatemama said...

Wow! That is amazing! Can't wait to see the little guy in person. ( you too of course) :)
Tracy