November 13, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend!

I can't even believe how fast time has been going lately. This past week just seems like a blur. This weekend was wonderful on many levels and I'd love to share the details. Ok, here's the play-by-play action (warning- long post) :-)

On Friday @ 4pm I left my office and drove 8 hours to my sister's house in NH. I thought I was seeing double by the end of the trip! Caution: not a good idea to work a full day and drive in the pouring rain and darkness in the late evening hours. I made it there safely though and all was OK. On Saturday morning my sister and I headed to my mom's house to "do some serious shopping". My mom called my sister that morning and told her that their cat was sick and that he needed to go to the vet. So, we should just come to her house instead of shopping and maybe we'd be able to go later. Well, we arrived at my mom's....only her cat wasn't sick and there were no intentions of going shopping either....it was a surprise baby shower!

Look how much fun we had...

Surprise!



My mom...always so happy!



The cake- yummy! And how creative?!



My mom and I...




Good Dog Carl....a must have book in the Hoyt household!



More books for Nate...



My Papa and I...



More presents for the little guy!



And finally...my sister and I...she's the major culprit behind the surprise!



You think the weekend would be over by now. Not quite! After the shower at my mom's my sister and I left and drove to Boston where my dad's family lives. We met them for a late dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (always so good!). The next day we got up and going early because we had another shower! This one was planned and we had such a great time.

Some pics from the day...

Here I am super excited to see my family at the shower



My sisters (yes, I have a sister 28 years younger than I!)...



To celebrate Nathaniel!



Another thoughtful gift!



The cake...



Special, special thanks to Molly, Aunt Joanne, Juanita, and Mom!!!! You all made the weekend such a wonderful time. I am blessed to have such great family.

Needless to say- the weekend was a blur and exhausting! We got everything and more we need for Nathan....we're very lucky. :-)

5 comments:

Margaret mom to Peter, and waiting for his sister said...

Glad you had fun. The cake is adorable with the pic.

nice pics.

margaret
www.kanakosfamily.blogspot.com

Beth said...

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH! I am just tearful from your great weekend! You are so supported, and Nathan is SO loved! Very happy for you!

redhawks said...

How wonderful! So glad you were surprised (at least for one!) The cakes looked great too...yum!!
Jen :)

Steph said...

How fun!!! How was your sister able to keep that secret?!?! Happy, happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a wonderful weekend! Nate is soooo loved already:0)