November 16, 2007

Keeping the faith...

Hanging on by a thread...BUT we're keeing the faith through this process. Gosh, I was just emailing with my fellow FTIA'er pal J., (her son Nick is with Nate) and she was saying how difficult this stage was- I couldn't agree more. For us, it's the most difficult part.

I talked with Maria tonight! Nate is doing wonderful. I can't believe it- he now weighs a whopping 14lbs 12 ounces at 6 months old! I would definetely title that a 'growth spurt'. Last month he was barely at 13lbs. He is doing really well. We are meeting Maria and her family at the hotel when we arrive. We'll have some coffee (the best!) and spend some time talking before we get Nate all to ourselves for 5 days. Not long at all and we'll have him in our arms...

Please keep us in your thoughts over the next week or two--we really need it! Our file should be making its way to Senor Barrios for final approval. Since we haven't received a previo- it is very likely by this time that we will make it to his desk. What happens there is yet to be seen, but, there is an 80% chance of any case getting an approval from him. Our potential is good- keep us in your prayers! Today marks 6 weeks and counting....praying like I've never prayed before...my heart literally hurts from all this waiting...please let us out soon. :-)

8 comments:

The gFamily said...

I am praying for your PGN out VERY SOON! NO kick outs!

I can't wait to see pics from all the fun you are having with your precious boy! You will be there soon!!

Anonymous said...

Emily, I completely feel your pain. We are soooooo close, yet it feels so far away. Hang in there. Enjoy loving on your little guy and maybe you'll get the good news while your in Guatemala! Praying for you...

Anonymous said...

Emily, hold on. Keep praying. I'll pray too. He made a promise to us that whenever two or more people on earth gather in His name and make requests of Him, He will deliver...if it is compatible with His will. I pray our requests are compatible with His will. If not, then remember that His timing is perfect. Nate will come home. - Trish x

Steph said...

This is definitely the hardest part! But, you will be OUT very soon. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending Barrios good approval vibes!

Anonymous said...

I am praying with you so hard that Nate will come home really soon. You are so strong and hopeful and i know all prayers will be answered.You too are so special and will be the greatest mom... and Rich too, well, the greatest dad.

Beth said...

These thoughts could have come out of my own head... every day that passes with the second reviewer I hope it's a good sign, but I am still kind of on pins and needles about a previo. So hard. Just trying to stay grounded and remember that she is coming home. I have butterflies thinking about you getting ready for your trip!!!! Can't wait to see you with Nathaniel again!

Gretchen said...

Emily I am praying for you and Nate right now. I pray that you Mr. Barrio's will find favor with your file and issued "Approved!" Each step seems so hard doesn't it? I hope to be able to meet up with you guys this week. We may be taking a taxi with Nicole to the Marriott.

redhawks said...

Do your job and sign Barrios!!!!!!!
Jen ;)