October 10, 2007

We're in - We're in-

We're IN PGN!!!

I am so excited to share this news. I just found out this morning. I spoke with the reputable english speaking woman named Laura at PGN. She confirmed that our file was submitted on Friday the 5th and she gave us our file number. She said we were already with the 2nd reviewer and that I should call back in 2 weeks to get an update. My understanding is that it typically takes a week or more with the first reviewer before you move on to the 2nd reviewer. Our file was reviewed by an experienced attorney before being submitted so I am hoping and praying this will make a difference. If the 2nd reviewer finds something he doesn't like he can issue you a "previo" or a kick out basically requiring you to fix a piece of your dossier. This can delay your process a week to several months depending on the severity. Some families get previos and others do not. Once the 2nd reviewer approves your file, your file gets sent to "Senor Barrios" who is essentially the final signature on the file that approves it through PGN. We are optimistic that we can be out of PGN before Christmas-- though we know anything can happen in this process. Once out of PGN- it is typically about 8 weeks until we can bring Nate home.

I'll be calling PGN in 2 weeks to get an update! Hope MR. Barrios is feeling generous as the holidays approach!

This has really made our week and so good to know we almost have a week in PGN down. All the closer to bringing our little guy home! :-)

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh, Emily!! That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you! What a way to ease some of the blues of leaving Guate.

Sorry I missed you the last day - I saw you at bfast with your foster mother but didn't want to interupt.

Hoping that the 2nd reviewer and final sign off comes quickly!

Anonymous said...

Congrats:)

Gail said...

What wonderful news!! And to find out you have already been in two weeks. Hope you get a quick and easy out.
Gail

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!!! Congrats!!! What a great little surprise after leaving Nate! Have a great weekend celebrating!!!

Guatemama said...

Hi I wanted to say Congrats on here too! :) This is great news! Already past the first review also! WOW

I was so hopeful after hearing your news that I called too. We are NOT EVEN IN YET. :( :( I am bummed. Different Lawyer so that must be the difference. Anyhow I am really happy for you and I hope we are in soon.
Tracy

Steph said...

Yea! Yea! Yea! Wonderful news to help buffer the baby hangover!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!! Congratulations! :)

redhawks said...

Great news..congrats!!!
Jen:]

Kimberly said...

That is so great! I am so happy for you! I love the pics from your trip, too!!!

The gFamily said...

What wonderful news! I hope you get a quick out! Congrats!

Gretchen said...

What great news Em! I am praying for a short trip through PGN for you! Mr. Barrios...Nate wants to come home before Christmas!

Beth said...

Congratulations! A great visit and great news! I feel like we are moving along right beside each other... we were just a few blocks away in GC this week, and now PGN! WOO HOO!

Bobbi said...

Congratulations!! I remember the feeling of being IN!!

May the rest of your journey be simple!!

Your guy is adorable