October 9, 2007

A Bittersweet Goodbye. . .

It was really tough yesterday leaving Nathan behind. It doesn't seem to get easier either. While I know he is in good hands with Maria. . . I still am weighted down by the sadness of having to leave him. The time we spend together is priceless and I wouldn't trade it for the world. My mom really enjoyed getting to know the little guy. He's getting big but he is still a tiny peanut! He just turned 5 months old yesterday. We are always so sad to leave but optimistic that the process is moving along swiftly. We should be receiving word of PGN any day now. . . we're hopeful. We were told last week by our agency that our attorney had hired an independent experienced attorney in Guatemala to review his files before entering the PGN-- or the final court in Guatemala. They said it would take a week for this to occur-so we should be in. We are confident that this will help us to move more smoothly through the final process of PGN. Also, our attorney has also had many PGN outs in the last few weeks which is very encouraging.

Here are a few more pics. I will post some of our Antigua trip later this week. I also have some really great pics that Maria gave us from the disposable cameras. . . it seems as though they play "dress up" with him when they take his pics. His outfits are always strewn across the couch or bed! HA!






4 comments:

Guatemama said...

Oh wow the first picture of you and Nathan on the bed is AMAZING! Brings tears to my eyes. It sounds like a wonderful trip. Happy 5 months to Nathan! Anika will be 6 months old on the 17th. We will BOTH hear good PGN news soon I hope.

Steph said...

Oh, that smile is so precious!! He looks so happy with his mama!! I hope you hear news about PGN soon.

Anonymous said...

Love those pics. He looks like he's totally in love with his momma...and I think the feeling is mutual. Hope you are OUT soon!

Gretchen said...

My eyes teared up when I saw the one of the 2 of you looking at each other. It is just so obvious how much you love him and how much he loves you! So sweet!