September 29, 2007

Just simply a perfect day!

I honestly couldn't have asked for a better day!

I am so excited to share that we received Preapproval today from the US Embassy in Guatemala. This is absolutely fantastic! We expected it around the 18th of October- so 23 days was incredibly fast and a welcomed surprise. I came home from the shower around 6:45 and opened my inbox. I was slowly reading through the 10 or so emails-- and there it was! To put it mildly, I was shocked! Needless to say, both of the dogs thought I was crazy as I was screaming with sheer joy as I ran to find the phone to call Rich! This is wonderful. It means that the US has approved us to move into the final stage of the adoption which is called- PGN. PGN is the body within Guatemala which approves adoptions. Some families get approved in 2 weeks and others in 6 months. You just never know. Our attorney seems to average around 12-14 weeks- but I'm told he's done better. We'll see what magic he can work for us...and...hopefully we'll be in PGN this week. This news just made our weekend and upcoming trip, too! It will feel so good visiting Nathan knowing we're in PGN.

Secondly, my first shower was a blast. Did I mention I have the best neighbors? Cathy and Joan- thank you so very much for all your efforts. The spread these ladies put out for us was amazing. My friend Cathy made a Noah's Ark cake from scratch which was delicious-- and almost too pretty to eat. We received some really nice gifts from our neighbors which I know the little guy will get lots of use out of. He got his first car- a walking jeep-- I can just see him out in the yard with it next summer! :-)

Here are a couple pics from today. Check out the yummy desserts, too.



My friend Cathy and I...



9 comments:

Beth said...

Congrats on your amazing news about PA... we got PA TODAY, too!! I am just "meeting" your family through a fellow blogger and was so excited to find someone with our same great news today... and, we are traveling to meet our daughter next week... small world!
Best of luck... to us all!

Gail said...

Congratulations on the quick PA.
Gail
adopting Johanna Faith

Steph said...

WOOHOO!! I am sooo excited for your family! Maybe we will be picking up our little guys at the same time!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Congratulations! What a great way to start your trip.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news, Emily! I am thrilled for you. I am sending up prayers that you are in and out of PGN by Christmas. BTW, my son is coming up your way in Oct to the big Orchard up there for a field trip. Trish

Guatemama said...

WOW! What a wonderful day all around. I am so happy that you got PA so quickly and it looks like the shower was fabulous.
Tracy

Gretchen said...

I am just so excited for you guys! I am praying for a quick trip through PGN! That cake is so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! Congrats on PA...that is awesome. Hope you are in and out of PGN soon. Wouldn't it be fun for a bunch of us to meet in GC on our pick up trips!!!

Brandon and Mandie said...

I'm so glad to hear that you got PA!!! Email me at skitskit8@yahoo.com. I'd love to talk to you once you get to Guatemala. Have a great day!!!

Mandie