July 26, 2007

The latest. . .

Well, not much is new here. We are waiting on our entrance to family court and dna testing. From talking with Maria tonight, it sounds like our DNA testing will be done late next week- how exciting! Of course, we'll be so happy when we know it's been done. This test will verify that the birth mother is in fact the birth mother and will protect the safety of the children. This is also a very anxious time because it is the first time the birth mother will see the child since she entered him into adoption. Our son was 2 days old when he was given to our foster mother. We hope and pray that she is at peace with her decision. At the same time, we will be entered into Guatemala Family Court where a social worker will meet with the birth mother and review our information. Once she completes this process, she can approve the case through the judge. That's the latest- I have a good feeling that progress is on its way.

Well, we're off for the weekend. Heading to VT to spend time with our family at the lake. Should be really fun and relaxing- just what the dr ordered! Helps us to pass the time until our next visit trip, too-- which is 5 weeks from tomorrow. I spoke with Maria tonight and she said that Nathan is doing "wonderful". She said (I know, I know-- I guess I am bragging, but I can't help it!) "He is more and more handsome everyday. He is a beautiful little boy". She also said that he is eating 4oz every 2 hours. I can't wait to get his updated measurements next month! She has requested a bottle sterlizer which we will happily bring down next month. We'll talk with her again next Thursday evening. We always look so forward to it.

Finally, my fellow blogger friends have "tagged" me and this means I am supposed to describe 7 things about myself- so here goes: (a brief version)

1. I am a complete animal lover. No other way to describe it. They are one of my strongest passions.
2. I have wanted to adopt a baby since I was a teenager.
3. If it wasn't bad for me, I'd drink MT DEW everyday!
4. There is nothing more valuable to me than time with my family. I'd trade everything else for just that.
5. I couldn't ask for a better husband. Truly.
6. I prefer lakes to oceans and wish I lived closer to one.
7. I am extremely organized and like to make sure I have everything accounted for. I am a details person.

I hope to be posting some movement on our adoption next week. What can I say-- I have a good feeling!

1 comment:

redhawks said...

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend away!!
Jen (FTIA) :)