July 4, 2007

I'm off! Happy 4th!


Can't believe the time has come. . . I leave for Guatemala to meet our son, Nathaniel David, VERY early tomorrow morning. He will be in my arms for the first time around 3pm GT tomorrow. It seems so surreal and I am ecstatic about it. My mom was unable to come :-( but my wonderful dad was there to fill in. My mom's husband has stabilized but she needed to be with him while he is in the hospital. I am grateful that she had offered to come and then bought a ticket and had to cancel. I only hope we will be able to give Nathaniel as much as my parent's have given me. Thanks to everyone who wished us well on our trip and for all your kind words.

Yesterday we received baby pics (5 days old) of Nathaniel! How exciting. . . we weren't expecting anything and their they were in my inbox at lunch time. I know I am partial but everything about him is perfect to us! I now have 1 month old pics and 5 day old pics and will have 8 week old pics when I return. I will post several when I get back next week. Hope you are all ready for a TON of them when I return. . . I might get a little crazy with the posting. :-) I bought another memory stick for my camera so I will be able to take 400 while I am there and the camcorder is packed, too. This could be dangerous! :-)

Hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July. I'm signing off for now but I hope to post pics on the 9th or 10th. Hasta la semana próxima. . .

2 comments:

redhawks said...

Have a great trip!!! Can't wait to see pics when you return.
Jen (FTIA) :)

Gretchen said...

Emily,

Have a great time with Nathaniel! I'm looking forward to seeing all those pics!