June 19, 2007

Our son has arrived!

Nathaniel David Hoyt, Born May 8th, 2007 ~ 6lbs
Chinautla, Guatemala








I am still in a complete state of shock. Today is a day I will never forget. We got the call in a very strange way- but the news was the best- WE HAVE A SON FOR YOU! OMG! Anyway, I will post ALL the details later this week after I have calmed down and we have had our medical review from the doctor at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. He's a big boy! 7', 8oz- 20 " long on 6/4/07- full term healthy baby boy. He was born May 8th, 2007 @ 8pm in his birth mother's home- he is exactly 6 weeks old today! I am IN LOVE with him. Gotta finish calling my family! I promise to post more details- I can't believe it - I'M A MOM! What a great birthday present for Rich on Saturday!

P.S. (update since we did more research) These pictures were taken on 6/8- when he was exactly one month old!

8 comments:

redhawks said...

Congrats again Emily!! He's so handsome...you're a MOM!!
Jen:)

Anonymous said...

Emily, He is gorgeous....and a very big boy! Congratulations!!!!!

Gretchen said...

Oh Emily, he is so beautiful! Enjoy this day Mom!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the new parents!WOW....that was quick. I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is adorable! You and Rich will be wonderful parents.

Nicole said...

Congratulations! This is amazing! Were you up all night staring at his picture? I was!!! I couldn't take my eyes off of my new little one!

thinkaboutit said...

He is so beautiful!! We've all looked and looked and looked........and we just keep looking again! We look at his fingers, his belly, his cheeks, his ear.........he's so, so cute. You're a Mom and Dad!! We are all so thrilled for you.

Emily said...

Thanks everyone for all of your kind thoughful comments! We think we'll keep him! :-)