June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day. . .

First off, I want to wish all of you Dad's out there a Happy Father's Day! I was fortunate enough to spend an absolutely wonderful weekend with my own dad and family. We had so much fun up in VT. We went running, swimming in the freshwater pond (my absolute favorite!) and to Saratoga NY for dinner and fun. Saratoga is one of my favorite towns and we ate at a fabulous restaurant (Hattie's). Being with my family is so important and I am grateful to have that time.

Anyhow, back home now. We will officially be waiting 5 days tomorrow (not that I'm counting or anything!). On my agency's chat group there was one new boy referral last week. According to this unofficial list we have composed, there are 4 families ahead of us. There seems to have been a slow down in referrals over the last few weeks. It goes in cycles and I am hopeful that there will be a surge of referrals in the next 2 weeks and that we will be one of them. Again, we are still looking at the 4 week window as we were told which would mean we would get the "call" by 7/13- no guarantees of course.

***Finally, I will definetely post a formal process guideline before the end of the week so that all of you out there can become familiar with the dossier process, referral process, and process post rererral. Adios for now. . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Em/Rich: I am so very happy for you both. I am sure that you will both be great parents.
A Tip from Kahlil Gibran, the profet: A child is like an arrow, you put it in you bow, aim it to the best of your abilities, and that will depend greatly where it goes in life. (added to to compensate for old age memory lapses.