April 6, 2008

First week at school...

Nathaniel started school this week, and I returned to work. He attended for 3 days and he seems to really like it. I thought it would be tougher than it actually was- for the both of us. I didn't cry...though I was consumed with thoughts about how he was doing all 3 days. He seems to have adjusted well. He loves to play with the other little ones and explore his new turf there (he's been crawling all over the place there!). On Thursday when I picked him up, I could tell he was getting sick. I couldn't believe he was already sick from school! He has been a real trooper the last few days and appears to have a bad head cold which has now turned into a bad cough. He doesn't have a fever and his spirits have been high. Hopefully he'll build up his immunity quick and get these sicknesses out of the way.

Here he is after I picked him up on Wednesday:






Nothing better than seeing this sweet face after a long day at work!

6 comments:

Bobbi said...

Glad it went well. I hope he builds his immunity quickly. He looks so happy!!

Anonymous said...

Glad school is going well for both of you! He has the sweetest smile! Hope with spring right around the corner the illness will be minimal!

Beth said...

You know, at this age, it seems like most kiddos are super excited to spend the day with other little people!!! It is usually harder on us, but I am always so inpressed with your down to earth attitude.

Hoping Nate feels better soon! Hoping he is just getting those first "day care bugs" out of the way.

Beth said...

I really owe you a proper "email" reply soon.... just so hard to find the time to sit these days.. I know you understand!!!

I think of you all often.

Hoping things with daycare are settling.

PS- YAY for Steph... prayers answered!!

The gFamily said...

Awww, he looks so happy, even after a long day at school! He must really like it! What a blessing!! And, what a great little smile!!

Guatemama said...

He looks so handsome in his sweater. I am glad that the first week went well. How is he feeling? How did week 2 go?
Take care
Tracy