January 11, 2008

My heart rests easy tonight



My special little boy...




I am feeling a real sense of relief and it's just hitting me. It seems surreal that this journey to bring Nathaniel home is ALMOST done. I feel so grateful to be blessed with such a wonderful son. We are so lucky.

We checked 2nd DNA off the list yesterday, too. We also had our final medical appt. with Dr. Hagen, one of the US Embassy physicians. It went really well. He got a clean bill of health! My little guy is 16 lbs and 27 inches long.

Now we wait for the final appt. I'm guessing our appt will be sometime around the 6th of February and we'll be home within 2 days of that. I will keep you posted.

In the meantime, we're enjoying our time here! Today we went to the playground at Hotel Antigua with some fostering friends. Nate LOVED the swings... I think we'll be going back tomorrow. Happy Friday. :-)

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Emily,
I can't tell you how happy I am to read this post. I'm so glad you're at peace. :)

Enjoy this time in Antigua.

Nicole

Steph said...

What an incredible feeling! Enjoy this time knowing the wait is almost over!!

Gail said...

I'm glad that final list is getting shorter.
Gail

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good relaxing day today with Nate. Em, he is so special and the dream you dared to dream has come true. Thinking of you all day. I love you today and everyday.Now you need to treat yourselves to some sweet potatoes and pureed peas! enjoy! Mom

Margaret mom to Peter, and waiting for his sister said...

wow, how GREAT!!! Hope pink comes quick!

margaret
www.kanakosfamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hope you are doing well...looking forward to your return home.
:)Molls

Anonymous said...

Emily, You are soooo close! Enjoy sunny Antigua. Nate will be sleeping in his bed at home in no time!

Frances said...

Hi Emily,

Happy for you that your adoption is moving forward! It's not too long, now! Hope you are enjoying Antigua!

Bobbi said...

Glad that you are feeling more at ease now.

Enjoy your baby

The gFamily said...

I bet you do have a huge sense of peace surrounding you!! You will be bringing Nate home so soon! Until then, enjoy this time in beautiful Guatemala!!!

Anonymous said...

You should be joyous that you are missing the foot plus of snow we are getting at the moment. Have fun at the park:)
Molls