January 5, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!


To my partner of 10 years and husband of 6 years, today! 6 years ago today Rich and I were married in a small little church in Vermont. We celebrated all weekend long and then set off for a week in Paris where we had an amazing time.

I am truly blessed and couldn't ask for a better husband than Rich. We have been through a lot in the past 10 years- moving away from family, the tragic loss of my brother, changes in career, the loss of 2 beloved pets, the journey to our adoption....and so much more.

I also feel so thankful that Nathaniel will have such a wonderful Dad to be loved by and to learn from. That is one of the things I admire most about Rich...he is the most honest and committed person I think I will ever know. So, from across the miles tonight- Happy 6th Anniversay Hun!

P.S. I just wanted to add- there was an earthquake here last night. According to the news, it was 5.4 on the scale. Our whole house shook and I was concerned for about 30 seconds until it stopped. It was brief and there did not appear to be any damage nor was anyone hurt. The weather across the world is so unpredictable right now and Guatemala is no exception. Today was about 70 and partly sunny but it was windy. The power goes out about 10 times a day but thankfully does eventually come back on.

7 comments:

The gFamily said...

Happy Anniversary!

I am so glad you are safe! That sounds scary!

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary!

I was going to send you an email to check on you guys - glad you posted and all is well. Oh, the stories you'll have to share with Nathan about your Antigua stay! :)

Hope all goes well with your visit for your BC.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you and Nate are safe and the earthquake had no real impact or did not hurt anyone. Today we are having a heatwave---20's how about that! It is better than 20 below which is what the last week has been with the wind chill factor. Be safe, enjoy the beauty surrounding you and Nate today and I love you. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! Rich and Em Mom

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the mayor in the am. You will be in my thoughts the whole time. I love you- Mom PS. Say hello to Alfredo for me. Smiles!!!!

Beth said...

An earthquake is nothing... you survived PGN!

Happy Anniversary to a very lovely couple and wonderful parents.

Bobbi said...

Happy Anniversary.

I love the photo of the volcano with snow on it. What an amazing view.

Glad all is going well for you.

Steph said...

Happy Anniversary!!!