December 12, 2007

Here's the latest...

I'm here! It's been such a busy week I've barely had time to keep my head above water. I wish I was reporting that we have a birth certificate....but we don't. We were told by our attorney that it would take a week and that we were submitted on 12/3. We should have had our birth certificate this past Monday...but updates came in from our attorney today and we didn't get one. Both Rich and I thought it was interesting that our attorney said it would only take a week as most birth certificates from where Nate was born take 6 weeks. I requested an update from our attorney again this week so we should hear something in the next couple days.

The good news is that I CAN'T believe I am leaving in 2 1/2 weeks to see Nate forever!! I will be meeting Maria at the Marriott on 12/30 and then we'll whisk away to Antigua....I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time together before we go home. At this point, we realistically don't expect to get home until the end of January. The embassy is officially not issuing PINK appts. until the 2nd of January already....so we're just hoping for an appt. in January. The holidays are sure to add at least 2 weeks to the process. Especially with how close we are now. We'll see.

I called Maria myself last night. My spanish is rusty but we could communicate. She was out shopping and said Nate is doing really well. His hair is growing like crazy and he's a happy boy. He LOVES his cereal. Just hearing that was enough to make my day. I've started getting all my things together for the trip. This time is different than all the other trips because I don't know how long I will be down there...so, I'm getting a cell phone and bringing everything and the house, too!
:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping you are pleasantly surprised with an early BC and Embassy appt!! Love your Christmas card!

Margaret mom to Peter, and waiting for his sister said...

Hey Emily,
Cute Holiday Card! I'll be in Guatemala at the same time. Hope your pink comes quick!

margaret
www.kanakosfamily.blogspot.com