November 21, 2007

Family of 3...

Hi- we're here! I wish I could have posted sooner but we've been so busy! All was uneventful with our arrival...until we arrived. When we got to the Marriott yesterday to check in- they told us they did not have a room for us! This was after they had just confirmed our reservation via email 3 days ago...and we booked the reservation 2 months ago. So, they took us to the Grand Tikal (another hotel here) and comp'ed the night for us. We weren't crazy about the GT but it was Ok for the night. They told us they had a crib but then 3 hours later they finally admitted they didn't have one! This morning the Marriott picked us up and brought us back and we were upgraded to a larger room with access to the executive lounge. Not too bad! We're glad to be back to our home base.

On to much more important things- we're so happy to be a family of 3 again! We are just loving every minute with Nate! He brings us SO much joy...he is such a happy baby. He is also teething-- no teeth coming through yet- but he is in the early stages and all he wants to do is put his hand in his mouth. We're trying teethers and other things to help him. He doesn't seem to be in pain or irritated- just wanting to put everything in his mouth. We just love every second with him...he is absolutely perfect for us. When we met him wih Maria yesterday he went right to our arms without even a second of hesitation....I think he might be starting to rememeber his mom and dad!

Anyhow, he is peacefully napping now with Daddy--whom he just loves to spend time with. Enjoy the pics!





9 comments:

Nicole said...

So glad you posted, Emily. I was getting worried about you guys. I've heard terrible stories from people staying at GT this week - no reservations, etc. I'm in Houston now. I'll send you an e-mail tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I've been stalking your blog looking for new pics! So glad you are all settled in with Nate! He is gorgeous! Isn't it amazing how these kids fit into their forever families so perfectly? Enjoy every moment of Nate's sweetness.

Gail said...

I'm glad you were finally able to get settled and - what a great deal! Nathaniel is just a doll. Enjoy your time with him and hopefully you will be out of PGN soon.
Gail

Anonymous said...

Nate is adorable as always--and you all look so happy! Enjoy the week, and Happy Thanksgiving!

The gFamily said...

I was getting worried too! I am so glad that you are all settled now and Nate is in your arms! What a beautiful family of 3!!!!

Anonymous said...

Em and Rich,
The pics are incredible. He is just a beautiful child. I am so happy for you. enjoy today and give BIG kisses for me. Have you heard anything? Bye for now, Loves

Steph said...

Oh gosh!! I'm relieved it all worked out! The pics are wonderful!! Enjoy your visit!!

Margaret mom to Peter, and waiting for his sister said...

aww, what adorable pictures. Thanks for sharing and have a great visit trip.

margaret

Beth said...

I am late chiming in on your trip pics... holiday stuff kept me away, but I was always checking in... what a beautiful boy! Happy family!!