October 3, 2007

So thankful to be visiting our little guy!

I'm very thankful to be leaving in about 8 hours to see the sweet little guy. It's only been 4 weeks since we visited but it feels like an eternity. We'll have him in our arms at 4pm ET tomorrow! As usual- I'll be sure to get lots of pics.

****There is updated news on the Guatemalan Adoption front. Please check out all the links under the Hague Update Section at the top of my blog. The Congress in Guatemala met today and approved the Ortega Law. There is another meeting next Tuesday to discuss possible ammendments including the grandfather clause which is so important to all the families who are in the process of adopting from Guatemala. Please check out all the Hague Information if you are intersted in learning more about what it is and how you can help. Thanks!

I didn't hear an update on PGN this week but sometimes it takes a while to hear (1-3 weeks) after PA notice. I've noticed from timelines that our attorney is very good about submitting to PGN within a few days of PA. Since we are already out of FC, we should be in no later than early next week. I'm hoping we're already in and just haven't heard. I'll post as soon as I hear the good news. Adios for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are IN!! Have a great visit! Can't wait to see pics.

Beth said...

Have a wonderful trip. I am welled up with tears for you.
How long are you staying? We leave for our first visit on Tuesday... staying at the Westin... would be exciting to "bump" into a blog friend. Best wishes and many cuddles.