August 30, 2007

Leaving on a very positive note!

Rich and I are SOOOO excited to get down to see Nate. Not to be too sentimental, but it will be our first time together as a full family. Very exciting. We'll have the little guy all to ourselves for 4 days- we can't wait. We are planning on going to Antigua on Sunday with Alfredo- a nice man who comes highly recommended by my fellow FTIA'er blog pals. I have heard amazing things about Antigua and I feel blessed to be able to first experience its beauty with my husband and son!

Secondly, we feel so fortunate to be leaving knowing that DNA has been completed and that our birth mother interview was also completed on 8/28 at the same time. Our foster mother said everything went smoothly and the interview with the social worker went well also. So glad to have this behind us. The little tube with DNA results should be waiting for us when we return. This was the last time that Nathan will see his birth mother if everything stays on track. Maria said that Nathan had another cold- but it is so typical this time of year as it is their winter season. She said he is feeling better though and it wasn't a bad cold. He was weighed at the doctor's office on 8/24 and he weighs in at 11lbs and 8 ounces and is slightly over 23 inches long. He seems to be doing really well.

Finally, I want to thank all my fellow blog friends and family for checking in on this site, sending me personal emails, and being such a great support during our journey. We appreciate all of your kindness!

Well, off to finish packing. 2 huge suitcases- one of which will come back empty! We're flying Philadelphia to Houston to GC and we hope it's uneventful. I will try to post some pics this weekend but I can't promise. Time with the little guy is too precious. Hopefully he can nap with Rich and I can run down and post a few! Talk more when we return from the other side! :-)

6 comments:

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the WHOLE family!!

I bet that suitcase doesn't come back empty!! My guess is that you buy some souvenirs while you are there!!

HAVE FUN!!!

Guatemama said...

I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see pictures of you all together.
have a safe trip
Tracy

Steph said...

Have a wondeful trip and enjoy your time together as a family! I can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy every moment and I can't wait to see your first family photo!! Sending lots of good wishes your way.

-SBP

Katie said...

Hope you have a awesome trip!!!